Thursday, September 4, 2008

Michelle's Prego FAQ's


I just put this together to let ya know whats going on. Here are some of the things I get asked the most...


1. Whats the due date?

Little Matney Jr. is supposed to be making their grand appearance on March 17th! St. Patty's Day and my Mom's birthday. On the upside this will totally get me out of trying to figure out a birthday gift this year! LOL (Laugh Out Loud)


2. How has my pregnancy been so far?

Super easy!!! I'm still waiting for the bomb to drop or something! I was a little nauseous feeling during weeks 5 & 6 and get a little tired but that's been it. Piece of cake....so far. The only crazy symptom I have is that I get VERY emotional. I cried during the Olympics!!! I cant watch the news anymore and cried because I missed Matthew and wanted to take him shopping. haha! I still cant believe that I'm actually pregnant.


3. Who's my Doctor and where will I deliver?

I am seeing a midwife at the Naval Hospital and I am super happy with the midwife decision! I used to think they where crazy yuppies that made you pop out kids in your bath tub. Totally not true! Mine does everything a regular OBGYN does except she care alot more about how I am feeling emotionally, they act like real people and stuff like that. I can still get drugs during delivery and there is an OBGYN there just in case something was to happen. I'm about 90% sure the baby will be born in California. sorry. If something is to change though I have a doctor in Columbus lined up and insurance still covers everything.


4. Am I eating healthy?

YES! haha! Tyson is now the food police at our house, so there are no worries! I do sneak in the occasional Klondike bar though... haha


5. Do we need anything? Baby shower?

We are all good for now. Its still really early. We have baby savings account that money goes into and I'm pretty well stocked on maternity clothes and the baby already has more clothes then Tyson and I combined (thanks Michael and Candace) IF it happens to be a girl we are also set thanks to Chalaine and my total of 5 nieces! haha I'm not really planning on buying or bringing much to California just because we will only be here for about a month or two after the baby is born and don't want to deal with moving it all back.

As for baby shower, we wont be in Indiana again until Christmas and I really don't want to bother everyone with Christmas chaos and a baby shower on top of that. We are sorta thinking about having a little get together after the baby is born and we move back in May so everyone can meet the little guy or Gal. Its still aways away and things will probably change but those are my thoughts for now.


6. How is Tyson?

ECSTATIC! He has pretty much gone nuts and is all about being Mr. Dad. I'm sure some of you got random midnight text messages from him when I sent him the ultrasound pictures. Sorry he cant contain himself haha


7. Boy?Girl? Names?

We will find out the sex of the baby in October. I'm pretty sure its a boy, or maybe its just wishful thinking?! I'm scared of having two girls just because I remember how AWFUL Makenzie and I had been! We really don't care weather its a boy or girl. I think Tyson is secretly hoping for a girl, but it really doesn't matter, we are just going for healthy. No names yet either mainly because we can not agree on any! haha Tyson likes common traditional names and I like names that are a little different. we are open to suggestions.


8. If Tyson deploys will he be back in time for the birth?

Yes, If he does deploy he will be back in the beginning of February. Even if worse comes to worse he will still make it for the big day!
9. What about Roxy?
We are really not too worried about her. My only concern is since she is so big she may bump into the babies swing or something. She is pretty well behaved and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. I think she is ready to be a big sister! haha If problems do come up we will take care of it. If anything she may just need a little more obedience training and they wont be left alone together or anything haha! She will be 2 years old when the baby comes so her puppy days are about over.

1 comments:

Val said...

I'm so excited for both of you, congrats on the happy news!!