I was feeding Connor the other day and it dawned on me how much things change when you have a baby, here are a few of my new momma signs...
- I don't cut my finger nails because they make the perfect baby nose booger grabber.
- I hover over his bed for 10 minutes to make sure he is still breathing, then poke him just to be sure.
- Being peed, pooed or spewed on no longer bother us.
- We get a big goofy smile every time we are out in public and someone talks about Connor.
- Our conversations all involve how much Connor eats, sleeps or poos.
- Nothing melts your heart faster then when he smiles.
- We take at least 30 pictures a day.
- I already want another one (don't worry its a few years down the road!!!lol)
- When Connor is crying or dirty he is Tyson's baby, any other time, he is mine.
- We cant go out with out buying something for the little man, rephrase that, TYSON can't go out with out buying something for the little man. :)
- We have tons of places we want to take him and things to do with him even though he wont remember any of them, we still don't care.
- I can stare at him sleeping forever.
- My new favorite smell is baby formula breath.
That's it for now, I will have to come up with more later.
Here is a random baby survey I found online to waste time...
| Pregnancy | |
| Did you like being pregnant?: Yea | |
| Did you want to wait to find out the sex?: Yea, I'm awful with surprises! | |
| Did you have any complications?: Nope, pretty easy pregnancy. | |
| Did you crave anything?: Hershey bars, the shaped Reese cups and chocolate milk | |
| Did you sleep alot?: I always sleep alot :) | |
| Towards the end how were you?: Impatient and round | |
| Did the dad support you?: The best he could from Iraq | |
| Did you have any mid night cravings?: I dunno, I always ate alot more at night. | |
| Would you do it again?: yeap | |
| Labor and Delivery | |
| What were you doing when you went into labor?: just went to bed and then my water broke. | |
| Did you get drugs?: oooooh yes! | |
| Who drove you to the hospital?: Mike drove, Mom and Amber were in the truck too Who was in the room?: Mom, Chalaine, Amber | |
| How long was labor: 11 1/2 hours total I think | |
| If you got drugs, how long were you in labor until you got them?: 9 hours? | |
| Was it as bad as everyone said?: It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. | |
| What did you think the first time you realized it was "almost time" for him/her: Freaked out a little bit, there was no turning back! | |
| What did you think the first time you heard him/her cry?: relief. | |
| Your first reaction when you saw him/her?: Oh My Goodness! | |
| Dads first reaction?: He first saw him in pictures and web cam and thought he looked like me. When he met him at the airport, I think he was amazed and a little stunned LOL | |
| Who came to visit you at the Hospital?: Jo, Kim, Kristina, Sean, Makenzie, Matt, Mary, Mark, Amber, Chalaine, Chris, Erin, Hailey, Jarad, Kathy, Mamaw, Papaw, Jennifer, Natalie, mom, Mike... I think I got everyone??? | |
| How long did you stay?: 2 1/2 days | |
| Postpartum: | |
| What was the first day home like?: I dunno, kind of a blur haha | |
| Did you have any trouble?: I had bad bleeding issues right after Connor was born. | |
| How long did it take you to recover?: yea, it seemed like forever! I dont like being helpless. | |
| Did anyone come to visit at home? sue, jesse, ronda, mack, angie, shelby, mark, kim, jo, mamaw, jenn, chris, natalie, suz, brandon, judy, jarad, kathy, grandma rose, everett, amber, jay, Michelle and some more friends. | |
| Did you let just anyone hold the baby?: Not strangers haha! ANy one else could, everyone likes holding babies, that's why they come to visit! :) | |
| How did Dad do?: Think he was a little nervous. Had to remind him that babies are durable. | |
| About the Baby | |
| What is it like being a mommy?: great! | |
| Is your baby difficult or easy?: depends on his mood. He is a bit spoiled. lol | |
| How old is your baby now?: almost 6 weeks | |
| Colicy?: nope | |
| Boy or Girl: boy | |
| Memories | |
| Favorite pregnancy memory?: the very first ultrasound | |
| Worst pregnancy memory?: being husband-less | |
| Funniest pregnancy memory?: how embarrassing... Probably when I sneezed and peed on myself once or the gas at the OB office story. | |
| Scariest pregnancy memory?: I was always paranoid something would go wrong. | |
| Favorite Labor memory?: When the epidural started working. haha just kidding! | |
| Worst Labor memory?: Almost bleeding to death was kinda cruddy. | |
| Favorite postpartum memory?: seeing tyson and connor together at the airport | |
| worst postpartum memory?:being so sore, dizzy and tired | |
| Funniest postpartum memory?: looking back, it was pretty funny almost passing out at walmart | |
| Scariest postpartum memory?: haha the day i decided to 'see what the damage was' yikes! | |
| Favorite baby memory?: First smiles!!! | |
| Funniest baby memory?: too many to pick. | |
| Worst baby memory?: the first week home, nooo sleep | |
| Scariest Baby memory?: I was paranoid that he would stop breathing at night | |
| Parenting | |
| Do you parent by the book?: Maybe at first before I realised most of it was junk LOL | |
| Are you a worrier?: yesss | |
| Do you have the pediatrician on speed dial?: no, but I know the number | |
| Have you ever called the doctor late at night?: nope | |
| Hows dad?: he is gooood | |
| Do you constantly read articles about how your baby SHOULD be developing?: from time to time | |
| Has your baby left your side yet?: he slept in mom and mikes room twice so I could sleep, but that's been about it. | |
| Do you have your baby on a strict schedule?: not really, he fell into his own. midnight is bed time, then he wakes up at about 7, eats, goes back to sleep until 10 or 11 and then is up for most of the day. | |
| Do you think your a good mom?: I like to think so | |
| Is the dad a good dad?: yeap, he helps out alot | |

0 comments:
Post a Comment